Last Updated on
Waste King has designed their Legend Series disposals specifically to meet the needs of septic systems, and the L-5000TC is no exception. The powerful 3/4-horsepower motor, corrosion-free materials, and sound-insulated design make this a top addition to any kitchen.
A garbage disposal may not seem to be the most glamorous of kitchen upgrades but can be one of the biggest time and energy savers. Looking for a garbage disposal system that operates quickly and efficiently can help dispose of food scraps faster and allow for quicker overall cleanup. However, those with septic systems do not often have as much luck finding the perfect garbage disposal system.
Waste King L-5000TC Features, Pros, Cons, Compare
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 3/4 HP, 2700 RPM permanent magnet motor is sound-insulated and jams less
- EASY INSTALLATION: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation
- BATCH FEED DISPOSAL: Activated by included drain stopper, the disposal quickly grinds food waste in batches
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required
- DURABILITY: Compact and lightweight garbage disposer with all stainless steel grind components.Grind chamber capacity (oz.):32
Environmentally Friendly and Cost Effective
Most garbage disposals are not apt for septic systems, but the Waste King L-5000 is completely safe, making this an environmentally-friendly option for properly-sized septic tanks. Since it operates with more revolutions per minute, it grinds and disposes of food faster, saving time, water, and electricity.
Powerful Vortex Motor
The Vortex-powered motors have permanent magnets. They operate with a ¾ horsepower motor. Spinning at 2,700 revolutions per minute, the Waste King L-5000TC is energy-efficient and extremely high-speed. With a high per-pound motor, the Waste King disposer runs like a blender, to liquefy and process food, including bones. As a result of the design, the stainless steel swivel impellers reduce jamming.
Batch Feed Disposer
Batch feed disposers operate differently than continuous feed. The user must turn on the cold water before putting in the food scraps and pieces, and once the disposer is ready to be run, must put on the cover. A cover or cap reduces the risk of disposing of silverware or other non-disposable items. It’s also safer because there is less of a chance of something falling in and jamming the motor.
The Waste King L-5000 TC has corrosion-free parts. The grind ring, swivel impellers, and turntable are made of stainless steel. The hopper is glass-filled nylon, and the grinding chamber is corrosion-proof glass-filled polyester. Bearings are permanently lubricated to ensure smooth and consistent operation. The design eliminates dishwasher connection rot,
Homeowners experiencing any issues can call Waste King – their disposals have the longest warranty on the market, with a 10-year in-home service warranty.
- Long-lasting, with an exceptional 10-year in-home service warranty.
- Well-designed product nearly eliminates jams and allows for efficient disposal of tough items like bones and citrus peel.
- Foam-insulated sound-dampening shell ensures quiet operation.
- The large chamber may make the system bigger than anticipated – it might not fit in the intended space.
- The long stopper shank and perfect alignment of the cap required for operation make this model slightly more complicated to operate.
- Some parts are not very sturdy and feel less durable.
- High Speed, with 2700 revolutions per minute
- 36-inch Long Power Cord
- Removable Splash Guard
- No Wall Switch Needed
- Quiet Operation because of Sound Insulation
- Top Control and Batch Mode Disposal Options
- Large Chamber
- 10-Year Warranty
- Easy Installation
- Vortex-Powered with Permanent Magnet Motor
- Stainless Steel Grinding Components
- Safe for Septic Tanks
- Nearly Jam-Free
- Glass-Filled Nylon Grinding Chamber
- Permanently-Lubricated Bearings
Compare Other Models with Same HP
Waste king garbage disposal installation
Waste King L-5000TC 3/4 Batch Feed manual
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. How easy is the Waste King L-5000TC to operate?
A1. This disposal system works like other batch feeders – with running water and the required placement of a cap. The power switch is right on the inside, and the reset button is on the front, where it’s both easy to find and engage. Proper cap placement is necessary to make sure the disposal operates correctly.
Q2. How long will the Waste King L-5000 last?
A2. The efficient design and quality construction make this a long-lasting piece of equipment. The grinding parts are made of stainless steel, the chamber is corrosion-proof glass-filled polyester, and the hopper is glass-filled nylon, all of which are designed to prevent rust. Waste King also provides the longest warranty in the business, with a 10-year in-home service warranty.
Q3. Is the Waste King L-5000 very noisy?
A3. The disposal has a foam-insulated sound dampening shell designed to keep the noise levels down.
The Waste King L-5000TC is a solid option for batch-feed garbage disposal. The powerful motor can grind nearly any scrap put inside, from bones to peels, liquefying them for easy processing. The design has a neck small enough to prevent items like silverware and jewelry from being falling in, also helping to avoid almost all jams. Despite this power, it has got a relatively quiet operation. The large chamber helps facilitate disposal but may cause some difficulty for smaller spaces. Measure your space before you purchase, but as long as it fits, this is solid, long-lasting disposal at a budget-friendly price point.