- 1 American Standard 1.25 Features, Pros, Cons, Compare
Last Updated on
This review will go into detail why this is a garbage disposal anyone would want in their home. Here are some things you should consider if you are thinking about getting a disposer unit.
American Standard 1.25 Features, Pros, Cons, Compare
- HIGH SPEED MOTOR: 1.25 HP 2800 RPM with Insulated Sound Shell for quieter operation and jams less
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: 3-Bolt Mounting System for Easy Replacement; Removable Splash Guard with Bio Shield for easy cleaning and inhibiting of growth of a wide range of micro-organisms
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required
- BALANCED GRINDING SYSTEM: balanced components minimize noise and vibration assuring a quiet operation.
- SILVER GUARD: The Magnetic Silver Guard captures most metal objects before they enter into the disposer chamber.
You want a waste disposer that will work and grind through just about anything. This one runs at 2700 RPM to ensure anything you want to get rid of will be gone. The main idea of a kitchen disposer is to break everything down into smaller chunks. It makes it easier to flush it down the drain, and you will be able to do that with this unit. The disposal is ready to plug and you can start putting any garbage you do not want into it.
Magnetic Guard Ring
Many disposals do not have any magnets in their units. It can be hazardous if a knife or utensil falls into the disposal while it is running. The magnetic guard ring catches any metal that falls into the disposal. It is ideal for anyone who is cleaning cutlery in the sink. It prevents the utensils from spinning out of control and cutting anyone near the sink. You will feel a lot safer with the magnets protecting your hands from getting cut by knives.
The balanced turntable provides smooth and
The stainless steel inside the unit prevents food and debris from building up on the blades. You will not have to worry about rust growing on the parts, which is ideal for maintenance. The cutting mechanisms allow food and debris to slide off with ease. The swivel impellers allow the unit to run smoothly, reducing the noise level, as well. The stainless steel is ideal for cutting down waste and keeping the disposal working at its best.
- It is powerful and quiet
- Easy to install in your sink
- It chops up anything you put in the unit
- The stainless steel provides longer life than other metals
- The magnetic ring grabs any metallic utensils
- It eliminates food waste without a problem
- Improves functionality in the kitchen
- The model may not fit in every sink system
- Some units may produce more noise than normal
- You may need to have some putty to ensure itâs locked in place
- High torque tears through waste
- It is ready to plug into the wall
- The magnetic guard ring stops metal utensils
- The laser sharp cutting ring cuts through waste easily
- It has a balanced turntable for smooth operation
- Insulated for noise prevention
- Stainless steel parts prevent rust
- Reduces odors from waste in the kitchen
Compare with Other Models Based on Performance
Comparison: American Standard vs InSinkErator InSinkErator Evolution vs Waste King L-3200 vs Waste King L-3300
|American Standard||InSinkErator Evolution Excel||Waste King L-3200||Waste King L-3300|
|Warranty||10 Years||10 Years||8 Years||10 Years|
|Motor Speed (RPM)||2700 RPM||1725 RPM||2700 RPM||2700 rpm|
|Size (inches)||15 x 9 x 9 in||13 x 12 x 12 in||9.75 x 9.75 x 15.44 in||9.8 x 9.8 x 15.4 in|
American Standard Disposal Parts
American Standard 3174.105-0070A Champion Universal Replacement Flush Valve
American Standard Disposal Installation
Standard Disposal 1.25 Manual
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Does the disposal plug into the wall?
If you have an outlet underneath, it should work. You may need to adjust it to work properly if the plug does not fit.
Does it have a dishwasher connector?
You can find a dishwasher connector for it. Unless it connects to the dishwasher, you may not be able to connect it.
If something drops into the unit, can I fit my hand inside?
You will need to ensure the power is off to the unit. Then you can remove the splash guard and reach inside unless your hand is very large.
Compare Other Models with Same [Horse Power]
Comparison: American Standard ASD-1250 vs Waste Maid US-WM-658 vs TITAN US-TN-T-1060
Garbage disposals are an excellent way to cut down on food waste and help the environment. There are many good ones out there, but the American Standard High Torque 1.25 HP Kitchen Waste Garbage Disposer is one of the best. It is easy to install, and unless you get a bad unit, it should work quietly. Though you may need to use putty to ensure that the connection is perfect, it is still quality disposal that will work for you. It has a lot of excellent features that make it excellent garbage disposal. You will not be disappointed with this garbage disposal.