Last Updated on
Without a waste disposer unit, food thrown into a trash bag can generate bacteria that may cause odorous smells and attracts rodents or insects. Who would want that? The InSinkErator Badger 1 Garbage Disposal is a must-have in your home and it is the same model of Badger 100.
- 1 InSinkErator Badger 1 Garbage Disposal Features, Pros, Cons, Compare:
- 1.1 Top Features
- 1.2 InSinkErator Badger 100 1/3 HP continuous feed garbage disposal – unbox and installation
- 1.3 InSinkErator Badger 1 1/3 HP Manual
- 1.4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.5 Compare Other Models with Same HP
- 1.6 Final Verdict
No one wants to think about where food waste goes, but it is a common household task that everyone encounters. When thinking about how you want to handle this task, you have a few options. You can send it to a landfill, do your own composting, or use a garbage disposal that is installed under your sink.
Using a landfill is not an environmentally friendly option. Regarding option two, it is unlikely that you have the necessary equipment or the time to compost your waste. Let us face it. We are all busy. Installing a garbage disposal is the fastest, safest, and most environmentally friendly way to get rid of your food waste.
InSinkErator Badger 1 Garbage Disposal Features, Pros, Cons, Compare:
- RELIABLE & EASY INSTALL: Badger Series disposers are a reliable & functional choice when affordability is the prime concern, and features a compact, space-saving design that fits existing InSinkErator hardware for a quick and easy install.
- DURABLE COMPONENTS: This garbage disposal features our exclusive 1/3 hp Dura-Drive Induction Motor and long lasting galvanized steel components to ensure a dependable grind for everyday food scraps.
- AMERICA'S #1 DISPOSER BRAND: There are more American-built InSinkErator garbage disposals in US homes than all other brands combined. A full line of models means there's one right for every need and budget.
- FASTER, CLEANER, SMARTER: From meal prep to cleanup, InSinkErator helps make it fast & easy to keep your kitchen clean with our iconic appliances: garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers.
- A HISTORY OF INNOVATION FOR THE SINK: We invented garbage disposals in 1927, & we're the world’s largest manufacturer of garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers for home & commercial use.
The InSinkErator Badger 1 only turns on when manually activated. The SoundSeal technology makes this product, quiet, efficient and reliable. Some garbage disposal motors are loud and overpowering, making it difficult to have a conversation while cleaning up the kitchen or watch a television show. If you have a small child sleeping in the next room, the last thing you would want is for them to be startled by loud garbage disposal. This product provides a convenient and fast way to clean up.
This product is easily mounted and does not need a power cord. Simply twist-off your old disposal and twist-on your new Badger model. This Quick-Lock technology lets you easily replace any InSinkErator disposal in just a few minutes. Badger garbage disposals are one of the most reliable brands on the market and are a cost-efficient choice when affordability is a concern. With powerful induction motors and rugged galvanized steel construction, you can not go wrong with exceptional performance.
Backed by an exclusive We Come to You one-year in-home limited warranty, the warranty includes free house calls for the full warranty period. The warranty even covers parts and labor! There are over 1,500 professional service agents that are trained and certified to install, repair, or replace InSinkErator products. All you have to do is call the company-owned toll-free service line, and you will be provided with the name and phone number of a local authorized agent. This type of service that Badger offers cannot be beaten.
This disposal does not just make food disposal more convenient; it also makes the process environmentally friendly. Disposals eliminate the need to transport food waste to landfills and help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. When the food is disposed of, it ends up at a wastewater treatment plant where the food can then be recycled to help produce renewable energy. Doing something so simple as just using a garbage disposal can have a large impact on the environment, and everything that we do adds up.
- Easy-install twist-off technology
- Affordable cost
- No power cord
- Environmentally friendly option compared to landfills
- Grind that will chew up tough items
- One of the quietest noise levels when in operation
- One-year limited in-home warranty. For the entire warranty period, you will receive free house calls (including parts and labor when your InSinkErator needs to be installed, repaired, or replaced.
- Could leak water through the casing
- Possible motor separation
- Blades may rust after a period of time
- Low horsepower
- Parts may become corroded
- Galvanized steel may rust after a few years
- Cannot grind bones
- Moderately noisy
- Poor customer service after warranty runs up
- Quick Lock sink mount
- Jam-buster wrench
- Tailpipe gasket
- 1/3 horsepower dura-rive induction motor
- 26-ounce grind chamber with galvanized steel grind system
- We Come to You one-year limited in-home warranty
- Installation instructions
- Made in the U.S.A.
- We Come to You one-year limited in-home warranty
- Garbage disposal under $100
InSinkErator Badger 1
InSinkErator Badger 1 is one of the best 1/3 hp garbage disposals. It is quiet and durable and can do the grinding job for years.
If you have a small family, 1-2 members, this kitchen unit is a great choice. Badger 1 price is really reasonable for this range device. The device can grind the garbage quietly so no more extra vibrating garbage disposal.
I extremely recommend this product to all the nuclear families.
InSinkErator Badger 100 1/3 HP continuous feed garbage disposal – unbox and installation
InSinkErator Badger 1 1/3 HP Manual
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, this disposal is very quiet. My current disposal vibrates very loudly and shakes everything that is on the counter top. This has a much smoother grind and is quieter.
Yes, you should be able to replace your old Badger for the new model. Check the specs to confirm but with the Quick Lock technology, it should not be a problem.
Leaking could cause a lot of issues. If you purchased the product within one year, contact the manufacturer to send a trained professional to repair or replace your disposal under the one-year limited in-home warranty.
Compare Other Models with Same HP
I recommend the InSinkErator Badger 1 Garbage Disposal as affordable, easy-to-install disposal suitable for everyday use. This product will help you keep bacteria out of your home, protect the environment and make kitchen clean-up a breeze!